Find the right person to help supercharge your career. Whether you’re eyeing a specific leadership role, hoping to advance your skills, or simply looking to broaden your professional network, you need to find someone who can help. Wait for a senior manager to come looking for you–and you’ll probably be waiting forever. Instead, you need to find the mentoring that will help you achieve your goals. Managed correctly, mentoring is a powerful and efficient tool for moving up.
The “HBR Guide to Getting the Mentoring You Need” will help you get it right. You’ll learn how to:
(1) Find new ways to stand out in your organization
(2) Set clear and realistic development goals
(3) Identify and build relationships with influential sponsors
(4) Give back and bring value to mentors and senior advisers, and
(5) Evaluate your progress in reaching your professional goals.
Source: HBR Guide to Getting the Mentoring You Need