Author: Ionut – Daniel BARBU
With some help from a couple of friends I started working on a Python script for checking the strength of a password. I decided posting it here and I strongly encourage suggestions for improvements.
This first version has the following features:
– Check the strength of a password;
– Provide summary of the introduced characters;
– Determine the entropy of the password;
– Determine total number of attempts to brute force it;
– Provide recommendations;
– Compute hash values (sha1, sha224, sha 384, sha 256, sha 512, md5) of the password;
A small snip of a result looks as follows:
I am looking forward to hearing suggestions!